Some days I wonder how I functioned without the Internet. No blogs. No YouTube. No Wikipedia. No Google Earth. No Ravelry. No Facebook. No LOLCats. What did I DO with my time?
This week, Ten on Tuesday has us exploring our Ten Favorite Non-Knitting Blogs. This is a dangerous topic, folks. Because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be tempted by whatever the rest of you post. And, trust me. . . I really don't need any more distractions!
When I'm not reading knitting blogs. . . or checking in on Ravelry. . . or Facebook. . . or playing around with aerial views of the Nile River. . . or looking up old commercials from my youth ("ancient Chinese secret, huh?") I do check out some other blogs and sites quite regularly. Here are are a few of my favorites:
- Tom & Lorenzo: Fabulous & Opinionated -- I won't let a day go by without checking out what T'Lo has to say . . . about fashion, television, and the red carpet. Whether it's a critique of the designers on Project Runway, a detailed analysis of the fashion on Mad Men, or a hilarious re-cap of figure skating costumes, I can count on T'Lo to make me smile. Witty and fun . . . with pretty pictures, too!
- The Oatmeal -- Nothing like a good comic to make your day!
- Whole Living Daily: Body + Soul in Balance -- Okay. It's Martha Stewart. But this site includes some great tips, recipes, and ideas.
- Cook's Illustrated -- Best. Cooking. Site. Ever.
- Cooking Light -- Another great cooking site.
- Everyday Food Blog -- And another great cooking site. (I get really distracted by recipes.)
- Fail Blog -- Because every day needs a little fun. . .
- PlantJotter -- Not really a blog. At all. But it's a great way to organize your gardening information (like. . . Ravelry without the yarn).
- The Morning News -- It's black and white and read all over.
- Pinterest -- I try to avoid this one, because the potential for distraction is HUGE! (But what a concept!)
Check out other Ten on Tuesday posts here. . . and Get Distracted!