Toward the end of each month, I like to spend a little time reflecting on my word for the year -- intention. It's always nice to have some sort of observation or "learning" about my word to share.
But, y'know? Sometimes things just don't work out that way.
June has been a fun-filled, crazy-in-a-good-way, running-with-my-hair-on-fire kind of month. I have (pretty much) loved every single minute! But . . . well . . . let's just say there hasn't been a lot of time for reflecting (on much of anything) this month.
Still, my word is right there . . . in my head all the time, just rattling around in there, and loosening up these thoughts (for future reflection) (you can count on that):
- Intention . . . is a tricky word. It's not about goals or focus or things I want to DO. It's more about the purpose for my actions.
- How do I make sure my actions are aligned with my intentions (or should I say purpose)?
- A clear set of values seems like a great place to start. After all, values can't be checked off a list; they don't change all that much over time. My values are overarching (underlying?). While I can probably articulate my values, I've never tried to create a list. (Hmmm.)
- Goals vs. Intentions. Goals are future-focused, destination-specific, external achievements. Intentions are lived-each-day, in the present moment, and independent of specific destinations.
- We make time for the things we really want. If I'm consistently not making time for something I think I really want to do . . . what might that mean? What's out of alignment? What should I do about it?
As you can see . . . it's all a bit of a muddled mess right now.
How about YOU? What's going on with you and your word these days?
Last call for this month's Stash Giveaway! If you're interested, be sure to leave a comment by 5:00 pm EST TODAY!
Want to find your Ravelry number? Follow this link (it's a Love of Ravelry group post) for the how-to.