I've been doing a lot of reading and thinking lately . . . about physical wellness . . . and, specifically, about exercise. Or working out. Or fitness. Or whatever we choose to call it.
And why it's so very hard for most people to DO.
(Because it is.)
I decided I don't need to write a blog post about WHY we should focus more on our fitness. Because we already know that.
I decided I needed to write a blog post about . . . what's stopping us from doing it. What is it, exactly, that's keeping YOU from a fitter YOU? Could it be . . .
- that you just really don't like exercising?
- that you hate to sweat?
- that you don't know where to start?
- or that you've "failed" so many times before you just can't bear to try again?
- or maybe because you're just too busy?
- don't have time?
- don't have energy?
- that you don't have a gym nearby?
- or that you hate gyms?
- that you'll do it some other time . . . later . . . ?
- that you don't think you can do it on your own?
There are so many reasons for not doing it; so many reasons for not moving.
What . . . do you think . . . is the nugget of something that keeps you from moving?
I think that's the place we should start!
Let's discuss this! Leave a comment and let me know what's stopping you from starting . . . working on your fitness. And - if you have started (yay!), please share your tips. Because we can all learn from each other.
I'll put together a little summary for next week -- and share some things I've been reading lately that may help us all get moving.