Carole sent this week's Ten on Tuesday prompt early this week. Early enough, actually, for Tom and I to discuss it over a beer (well ... maybe a couple of beers) on Saturday night.
Ten Things We're Curious About. Hmmmm. That could go any number of ways. . .
Tom's first thought: Ten Things He'd Be Curious to TRY (mixed martial arts, peyote à la Carlos Castaneda, surfing. . .).
But I started thinking about the things that make my brain explode. You know? Those "curiosities" that just don't make sense? (Even when someone explains them.*)
And, because beer was involved, Tom made a video. Of my brain exploding. . .
And with that . . . Here are Ten Things I'm (Intellectually?) Curious About:
- How is it possible that temperatures . . . so vastly different on the Fahrenheit and Centigrade scales . . . actually ARE THE SAME at -40 degrees?*
- Does "blue" look like the same "blue" to all color-sighted people? (Substitute ANY COLOR here.)
- Chemistry. (All of it.) (Pretty much.)
- What is up with Schroedinger's cat. (Alive? Dead? Neither?)
- How TV work? (Exactly.)
- And (along the same vein) . . . how can I record/DVR a program . . . when I'm watching another program. (Or no program at all.)
- What made the First Knitter To Try Cables . . . try cables?
- Same with Turning the Heel?
- How did this happen with Trump? (Sorry. I went there.)
- Does a tree falling in the woods make a sound . . . if there is no ear to hear it?
How about YOU? What are you curious about?
See what everyone else is wondering about . . . here.
* Evidence of the explaining: