Today's Ten on Tuesday - Ten Superstitions We Believe In - doesn't quite work for me. Because I'm not superstitious, and I couldn't think of ONE . . . let alone ten . . . superstitions I believe in. Really. I even step on cracks without the least bit of guilt.
So. Not superstitious.
But borderline irritated; sort of . . . grumpy, I guess.
How about I list my grumps instead (just for fun)?
- Last night, as I walked the dogs, I saw this very cool sundog as the sun was going down. By the time I stopped, took out my camera, and tried to take a picture, the cloud cover had changed ever-so-slightly and I couldn't get a good shot. (The photo above is NOT it, by the way. It's just a regular old sunset.)
- The simple- and straightforward-looking online "letter of intent" I was working on yesterday (with a deadline today) turned out to have "trapdoors." Click an answer from a drop-down list (yes or no, for example) . . . and whole new sets of questions (requiring detailed answers) appear. Man, that made me grumpy.
- I stopped at the post office yesterday afternoon to mail a couple of packages -- and was surprised to find the line out the door. Like it was Christmas -- without the jolly. The line was so very long and so very slow that I left after 10 minutes. (Now I get to try again today.)
- Yesterday I got an estimate from a painter for removing the wallpaper (the last of it; my entire house was wallpapered when we bought it almost 14 years ago) and painting two rooms. I was expecting one price range -- but was quoted more than double. (Looks like I'll be doing that nasty job myself.)
- Snow and ice is in the forecast. (I can't even.)
- And there were a few other things . . . that have no business on the blog. (Y'know?)
Just one of those days. Minor, silly grumps. First world problems. I'm feeling better today. So far.
(Until I hit that post office again.)
Be sure to check out what this week's Ten on Tuesday Gang has to say here. (Bet they're not grumpy at all.)