It's spring -- both on the calendar and in the air. It's much easier to get outside . . . now that it's warming up a bit. (At least some of the time.)
Carole asks us, this week, about Ten Things We Love to Do Outside. For me, that's kind of like . . . opening the flood gates. Because, well. I pretty much love to do All the Things . . . outside.
So I decided to narrow my focus. (Because I can't start thinking about sitting on the dock at the lake. Or going to the beach. Or sipping a beer on the patio after spending the afternoon working in my garden. Not yet, at least.)
Here, then, are Ten Things I Love to Do Outside . . . right now. In Fickle-Early-Spring.
- Take the dogs for longer walks -- even after dinner. (Because it's still light.)
- Wander through my awakening garden. (To see what's up.)
- Ride my new bike. (An early birthday present.)
- Check my trees for buds. (I check at least once a day.)
- Prune. (So much easier before the leaves pop out.*)
- Clean up my garden beds. (Such a satisfying job.)
- Take stock. (Garden tools. Pots. Patio furniture.) (It's nearly time.)
- Grab my camera and take some photos. (The light is so nice.) (Plus hellebores.)
- Watch the birds build their nests. (No front door wreath this year. But we do have some determined sparrows building in our grill.)
- Fire up the grill. (Which is Trouble for those sparrows.)
How about YOU? What do you love to do outside?
See what everyone else has to say here.
* Pruning is great right now -- but not for everything. Always be mindful of the pruning guidelines for your trees and shrubs. :-)