Each year, when the weather turns more Spring-like and the snow melts, I get a sort of . . . panicky feeling. After sitting inside all winter - and wishing for gardening weather - it's all of a sudden . . . gardening weather.
And . . . HOLY SHIT . . . there's SO MUCH TO DO.
All at once.
Like, really. EVERY. WHERE.
(And it's always when I'm too dang busy to do anything about it.)
In the Spring, I usually end up running around the garden - here, there, and everywhere - like a madwoman. Snipping here. Raking there. Digging out. Piling up. Really . . . just trying to keep up with the EXPLOSION of Spring all around me. (Think Whack-a-Mole.)
I don't want it to be that way anymore.
So, this year, I'm going to make some Garden Resolutions for myself. And I'm going public with them here on the blog -- to make them feel more official!
In 2016, in my garden, I resolve to:
- Try to spend just a bit of time - every day - doing something I love in the garden.
- Decide what I want to do - and then go DO IT. (Without getting distracted by something else I see on the way.) (Which happens all the time, actually. I have GardenADHD.)
- Not BUY a plant until I NEED a plant.
- Divide what I can.
- Get rid of plants that bug me . . . or demand too much of my time and attention. (Does it bring me joy???)
- Just sit and enjoy "mindful moments" in my garden. (I think I do this pretty well already, but I want to do it more.)
- Remember that . . . It'll get done. Or it won't. And either way will be just fine.
I'm resolved! (Now where are my gardening gloves?)
(And . . . please remind me of this in a couple of weeks. When I start running around playing Whack-a-Mole again.)