We've all been there. You're on the way to a party. You need a hostess gift. QUICK! Or maybe just one more stocking stuffer. Or a gift for a co-worker on your way to work.
And you don't want to run to the mall. (And you certainly don't want to go to Target!)
What's your best option? Why . . . the grocery store, of course!
This week, Carole asks us for Ten Gifts You Can Pick Up at the Grocery Store:
- Wine. We're lucky here in Michigan, because grocery stores sell wine and beer. And . . . wine makes a perfect last-minute, pick-it-up-on-the way gift. (You can even buy some curling ribbon and fancy-it-up a bit on the way.)
- Specialty chocolate.
- Gift cards.
- Lottery tickets. (My kids love getting scratch-off lottery tickets in their stockings.)
- Coffee mugs and specialty coffees. (We have a Starbucks located in our favorite grocery store, which makes this really easy.)
- Wine-related items like openers and stoppers. (Our wine department stocks these during the holidays.)
- Specialty cheeses.
- Fruit baskets.
- Magic Grow Capsules. (Because really . . . who wouldn't want these?)
As for me, though... I pretty much stop at #1.
How about YOU? What last-minute-gifts can you find at your local grocery store?
Read what everyone else has to say here!