We're at the height of blueberry season here in Michigan*. Everywhere you turn . . . blueberries! U-pick fields. Farm stands. The farmer's market. Grocery store. All local. All delicious!
Today, Carole asks us about our Ten Favorite Things to Do with Blueberries. Now, I like blueberry pancakes and blueberry baked goods (of pretty much any kind) quite a lot. But I haven't really made pancakes since Erin left home (Tom and Brian opt for eggs; they will ALWAYS opt for eggs), and I don't bake much (because if I bakes it, I eats it, and I've just decided to stay away from those calories).
But we do eat a lot of blueberries!
Mostly, I just leave a bowl of blueberries on the counter . . . and here's what happens:
- We pop them in our mouths by the handful.
- I mix them in my yogurt.
- I dump them in my cereal.
- I toss them in salads.
- I throw them on a pan and roast them with vegetables.
- I sprinkle them over ice cream.
- I stir them into a glass of lemonade.
- Or into a batch of summer sangria.
- Or even a glass of ice tea.
- And then I grab another handful!
How about YOU? What's your favorite thing to do with blueberries?
* Did you know that Michigan is the nation's number one blueberry grower? Yep. One hundred million pounds of blueberries every year is big business in my neck of the woods!