Can't help myself. . .
(If the embedded video disppears today, click here.)
It's January. It's bleak. (It's even snowing here right now.) But. There is much to be happy about! Here are Ten Things I'm Happy About today . . .
- I feel GOOD again! Finally kicked that bug . . . and can leave the house without a box of Kleenex and the worry about a coughing fit.
- Ice melt! We had a bit of a January Thaw over the weekend, so streets are fairly ice-free. Driving is easier, and it's even possible to walk the dogs again. (This may be temporary. Because snow.)
- Vacation plans! Tom and I are finalizing plans on a trip to a much warmer place in March. South. Far south.
- Space! Although I have a long way to go with Operation Create Space, I am inspired by the empty spaces I have already cleared.
- My gym! Even though it is swarming with the usual influx of January People, my gym offers a great environment for working out. (In the winter, I am especially happy about the indoor track. Because I hate running on a treadmill.)
- Garden conferences! The registration brochures are beginning to arrive in my mailbox. I love thinking about gardening during the winter.
- More daylight! Although it's barely noticeable . . . the gradual return of extended daylight makes me very happy.
- Having options! I like deciding . . . how I'm going to spend my time, what I want to do next, what project I want to tackle, what I want to make for dinner. Choice . . . is good.
- Simple pleasures! I have a few things that just make me happy when I use them . . . a wine glass painted with birds, the orange leather cover on my planner, a pen that writes nicely.
- Electricity, utilities, pharmaceuticals, and public services! Yep. Just read Station Eleven, and I am most appreciative of the world we live in.
What about YOU? What are you happy about today?