January is such a bleak month. It's long. It's cold. It's snowy. It's dark. There isn't any of the excitement and busy-ness of December.
Just a long, long, bleak slog of a month.
(My backyard. Before last week's big storm.)
Although it is nice to just hunker down and hibernate through the rest of winter, I try my best to beat January back. What do I do. . . to make winter less bleak?
1. I give myself pedicures.
2. And then go barefoot in the house.
3. I tend my indoor plants.
4. And I bring fresh flowers home from the grocery store.
5. I read gardening magazines and catalogs.
6. And I dream about my own garden plans.
7. I get out with the dogs as much as I can.
8. And I keep myself moving.
9. I light a candle and turn on some twinkle lights.
10. And I dream about beach vacations!
What about YOU? How do you make winter . . . less bleak?