There. I said it.
Sure, there are times when I like to wander through a new little shop or a store I particularly like -- when I'm travelling or maybe just in the mood for a little something.
But mostly . . . not so much.
Shopping (especially at "real stores") is something I generally avoid because I think of . . . shopping as a chore. Plain and simple. (And especially at this time of year!)
Today, though, Carole has us thinking about Stores We Like. (And there are definitely some stores I like WAY more than others.) Here goes:
- Little specialty shops -- You know the ones? Those little charming shops that have unique, fun items that you can't find anywhere else? Those are my favorite places to shop.
- Art fairs -- I love discovering unique, hand-crafted items at local art fairs. You just never know what you'll find.
- Target -- There was a time . . . when my kids were little and Most Uncooperative when it came to shopping . . . that my personal motto was "if I can't get it at Target, I won't buy it." I still shop there quite often.
- Costco -- We just got a new Costco here in Kalamazoo. I am Quite Excited!
- Local nurseries -- (Oh, don't get me thinking about nurseries at this point in the season.) We have some GREAT local nurseries here in Kalamazoo -- and I love to shop them all!
- DSW -- It seems I can't get out of that place with Just One pair of shoes. (And I'm not even a "shoe person.")
- Eddie Bauer -- They have my number. (It's like they design their clothes with me in mind.)
- Macys -- But only certain departments. Eileen Fisher. Estee Lauder. And handbags.
- Nordstroms -- The one on Michigan Avenue in Chicago, to be specific.
- Michaels -- I actually hate Michaels, but . . . I am a FOOL for Michaels. Total FOOL. I seem go into a daze whenever I go into a Michaels, and end up filling my cart with all sorts of projects and materials.
How about YOU? What stores do you like to shop?