Because . . . you knew I would . . .
This week . . . as we inch ever closer to Halloween . . . Carole asks us about our favorite thriller/suspense books. Which puts me at a distinct disadvantage. Because thriller/suspense . . . is not really My Genre.
But I've read a few. Mostly . . . (in fact, ALL of them) . . . are by Stephen King: master of horror and suspense!
- The Stand (One of my all-time favorite stories - and worth every one of its 1152 pages! When I read this back in college, I actually tore the paperback book into two parts to make the reading easier.)
- The Shining (The movie never lived up to the novel.)
- Salem's Lot (I read this one in high school -- and had to make a crucifix bookmark just to get through it!)
- Carrie (My first Stephen King - back in 9th grade!!!)
- Misery (This one haunted me more than you'd think.)
- Pet Sematary (So. Creepy.)
- Cujo (Yeah. This one, too.)
- The Green Mile (So much more than just a thriller/suspense novel.)
- 11.22.63 (Captivating.)
- Dr. Sleep (If you liked The Shining, you'll probably enjoy this recent sequel. It's kind of fun to find out what happened to Danny. . .)
Yes. For some reason, even though I don't read thriller/suspense novels, I looooove Stephen King novels. (. . .one of my guilty pleasures. . . )
How about YOU? What are your favorite thriller/suspense books?