Every day, we cross over thresholds. From one room to another. From inside to outside. From outside to inside. Even from one life . . . to another!
Today, we're talking about Thresholds We Cross Every Day.
I have a really nice front door. It's a lovely brick red. Our front porch is quite inviting. And yet . . . I rarely cross that particular threshold!
I DO, however, cross these . . . nearly every day:
1. Once I cross over from sleeping. . . to waking . . . I cross over the threshold of my shower.
2. And then I usually cross the threshold of my closet. (And, yeah. I failed at the 33-items thing. But my closet is in much better shape than it used to be.)
3. When I leave the house, I usually step out over the threshold between the back hall and our garage. Not the most scenic route, for sure. But the most convenient, certainly.
4. Once in the garage, I often hop behind the wheel of my car.
5. And then . . . out the garage and into the driveway.
6. On workdays, I cross into the parking ramp.
7. And then into my office.
8. Back home, to get to the back yard and patio, we usually use the slider (the dogs' threshold-of-choice!).
9. Pretty much every day, I use my garden gate.
10. And, at the end of every day, I use the threshold of our bar. Because. . . you know. Wine.
How about YOU? What thresholds do you cross every day?