I don't usually tune in to any of the "awards" shows on television, but I watch the Academy Awards (or The Oscars, as they seem to be called now) faithfully each year. Truth be told, I love the red carpet! (Although I do like the movies, too.)
So, Sunday night found me hunkered down in front of the tv with a spreadsheet I was working on, my knitting, and a glass of wine for . . . The Oscars.
Carole, who is a huge fan of the The Oscars, asks us this week . . . What we Thought of The Oscars this year.
Hands down, my favorite moment was this:
My list of 10:
- See above.
- Lupita Nyong'o. Her dress was divine.
- Lupita Nyong'o. Her speech was joyous and heartfelt and wonderful.
- Lupita Nyong'o. Her brother.
- Bette Middler's red carpet dress.* That's the one I'd want to wear!
- Kate Hudson. Looked like a movie star!
- Jared Leto. And his mom. And that he won.
- Brad Pitt. I'm so glad he shaved.
- Pink. Altough I have no idea why she was singing Over the Rainbow, I thought it was awesome!
- Ellen Degeneres. The whole "selfie," pizza-ordering schtick just really worked for me. (And, for maybe the first time ever, the movie stars in the audience seemed to be having fun.) (Except maybe Liza Minelli.)
How about you? What did you like about The Oscars?
Join the fun! Read more Ten on Tuesday posts over at Carole's.
* Here's Bette's dress: