Like many of you, I've been watching the Olympics. Not obsessively, and not every day. But enough to keep up with things.
I have a bit of a love-hate thing going with the winter Olympics. On the one hand . . . I love them. On the other hand . . . I hate them. So. My thoughts on the Olympics this year? A mixed bag!
- (love) I always enjoy seeing obscure sports I never see except every 4 years at the Olympics. (Like ski jump. And how is it that I never realized that women weren't ski jumping before? I'm usually pretty good at catching things like that. I am amazed at myself . . . and amazed that women weren't allowed to do it.)
- (hate) I find the commentators incredibly tedious. I actually sort of despise them. (Except Scott Hamilton.) (And poor Bob Costas. I've had pink eye as an adult. It's awful!)
- (love) I especially like the fast and dangerous sports . . . speed skating, aerials, ski racing in all forms, snowboardcross, bobsled.
- (hate) I hate the hype. (Hate.)
- (love) I love to watch hockey on the bigger Olympic-sized ice. So much more room to manuever; it really opens up the games, eh?.
- (hate) I pay no attention to "medal counts." (Like that's a sport.)
- (love) I have fun watching curling with Tom. (He has programmed the DVR to record each round that is televised! He is VERY into the curling.)
- (hate) I am sick, Sick, SICK of the commercials. (Which we can skip through when watching the recorded curling rounds.)
- (love) I like men's figure skating best of all the skating events. (So much power. And their costumes are so much more fun that the women's.)
- (hate) I think it's beyond goofy that they're holding winter Olympics in a seaside resort with FAKE snow (and stuff they saved from last year).
And there you have it! Love. Hate.
How about you? What do you think about the Olympics this winter?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.