Every year, at Thanksgiving time, I think about all the things I'm thankful for . . . and there are so many things! There are the things that come immediately to mind - the easy and obvious things: my health, Tom, my kids, my family, the dogs, my home, my job, my friends, my creative diversions. So much to be thankful for.
To challenge myself, I decided to use today's Ten on Tuesday topic - 10 Things I'm Thankful For - to focus on things I'm thankful for this year . . . that I might not have been thankful for last year.
- Hearing! It is a wonderful to thing to HEAR . . . now that I have my wonderful hearing aids!
- Meaningful work! Although I didn't blog about it, I took on a whole new role at work last July. At first, I didn't like it all that much. But my new job is growing on me.
- Jo-Jo! Although there have been a few times that I've seriously questioned my sanity, I've become quite attached to Jo-Jo, and I'm so glad that Tom and I adopted her last summer.
- Erin's job! I'm so excited about Erin's job. She's learning and contributing and earning her own way. And, best of all, she's happy!
- Getting rid of the bird! I also didn't blog about this . . . but Brian and I decided that his bird (Puck) would be better off in another home setting. With much (much) guilt, we moved Puck to a foster bird home. Much better for Puck, and much, much better for me (and Brian, too).
- Getting rid of the drum set! Although I have always been supportive of Brian's drumming, I was very happy when he moved into a house with room for his drum set. (Now I have new family room furniture.)
- New friends! I made a couple of new connections this year, leading to a whole new group of friends. Unexpected - but kind of wonderful.
- Running! I needed to jazz up my fitness routine, so I decided I'd challenge myself to run (something I've always detested). Now that I've started, I seem to be kind of (gulp!) . . . liking it.
- Kind bars! Oh, I can't get enough of these things -- especially the Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew variety.
- Port Fridays! When Tom was traveling this year, he tried some Very Nice port. He went in search of some . . . and finally found it! Now, we've instituted "Port Fridays" where we share a glass together each Friday night.
How about YOU? What are you thankful for this year?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.