Embrace the Season
I like the sun and warm air. I like flip flops and tank tops. I like iced tea on the patio. I like sprinklers and lightning bugs and butterflies. I like the sound of wind chimes and bird song.
I hang on to summer for as long as I can.
But, eventually, even I must accept the change of season!
This week, I'm accepting the inevitable. Fall has arrived. Here's how I embrace the fall (once I accept that it's here, that is!):
- Sipping Pumpkin Spice Latte (skim milk, please . . . but go ahead and add the whipped cream!)
- Cooking up heartier fare (bring out the lentils, the squash, and the crock pot!)
- Bringing out the mums (decorating my porch and my pots)
- Decorating the house (with pumpkins and scarecrows and leaves)
- Burning candles (to counter the darkness!)
- Hauling out the handknits (it's time!)
- Winterizing the garden (shutting off the sprinkler system, bringing in the patio furniture)
- Admiring the trees (my favorites are the ones that seem to glow in the dark)
- Loading up on apples (especially the Honeycrisp)
- Wearing tights and boots (I got them out yesterday, but you can't make me wear 'em yet!)
How about YOU? How do you embrace the fall?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.
I'm going for a pedicure on Saturday and not sure I want to keep my toes bare! Fall hasn't crept into our valley, but it's taken over the mountains and I must get up the canyon to see the golden aspens. Boots, must buy boots, maybe then I can embrace fall and what comes after.
Posted by: margene | 10/08/2013 at 08:17 AM
I've always loved fall. The cooling temperatures, the leaves turning and way back when...years and years ago...school starting.
Your list is perfect...I've done some of the things on your list too this fall. :)
Posted by: Marilyn | 10/08/2013 at 08:55 AM
Yes to everything on your list! I wore boots and tights 2 weeks ago because it got cold (and because they were new!) but I'm mostly still wearing sandals. I think it's finally time to switch out the shoes, though.
Posted by: Carole | 10/08/2013 at 09:28 AM
I love your list. I'm wearing flip flops today. I'm having a hard time giving them up this year.
Posted by: Donna | 10/08/2013 at 11:01 AM
that tree at your gym is gorgeous! I hope I see that much red on one tree at some point this season...we're off to a slow start! it surprised me that you don't wear handknits year-round. I do!
Posted by: Mary | 10/08/2013 at 07:49 PM
Oh my gosh, that tree HAS to be photoshopped. So pretty! I would so love to have my boots out but it's still too hot. High 90s today and I'm SO. EXCITED. for later in this week when it's only supposed to get up to the 70s.
Posted by: pacalaga | 10/08/2013 at 11:48 PM