When I think of "beach music" . . . I think back to my teen-age days . . . about "laying out" in the sunshine . . . slathered in Baby Oil . . . on my family's cement slab of a patio . . . with the radio blasting.
My "beach music" was never at a beach, though. Heck. I lived in Wyoming back then. Not a lot of beach!
Today, as Carole has us thinking about our Favorite Beach Songs, I offer this list: The radio playlist of my high school, sun-seeker days; the days of Baby Oil and portable radios. The songs that will always, always take me back to that hot, slab of cement. My beach.
Pass the Bain de Soleil, would'ja?
1. Carole King - It's Too Late
2. Elton John & KiKi Dee - Don't Go Breakin' My Heart
3. Alice Cooper - School's Out
4. Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze
5. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
6. The Eagles - Hotel California
7. Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight
8. War - Summer
9. Steve Miller Band - Jungle Love
10. Chicago - Saturday in the Park
How about YOU? What songs take you right back to the beach?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.