This week, for Ten on Tuesday, Carole asks us . . . what we're looking forward to in May . . .
- Deadlines whooshing by! I tend to have a lot of work deadlines in May, so I'm always looking forward to their end. All those little details tied up. Neat and tidy.
- Celebrations! My Dad's birthday. Mother's Day. An end to another semester for Brian. There is much to celebrate in May.
- Blooms! I love watching the flowers in my garden come to life! Trillium. Lilac. Quince. Rhododendron. Iris. Bring it!
- Bringing my ponds back to life! I love getting my little ponds back in operation once the threat of freeze is over (mid-May here in my corner of Michigan). Nothing beats the sound of moving water in the landscape! Can't wait.
- Setting up the lawn furniture! When the days start being nicer on a consistent basis, it's time to bring out the lawn furniture and my pergola swing. Nothing beats sitting out in the sunshine on a warm May afternoon.
- Nursery road trips! All of my favorite nurseries and garden shops open in late April and early May. It's time for those weekend pilgrimages to begin. . . once the calendar turns to May.
- Planting my containers! Although I'm always itching to begin earlier, I need to wait to play with my containers until later in May. We can still get frost here in Southwest Michigan in mid-May. . . so it's best to wait.
- Putting in the screens! I love having my windows open to the breezes and fresh air.
- Heading Up North . . . where it's time to put in the docks and the boat! Tom already has the cabin open for the season, but we won't put in the docks and and move the pontoon in to the water until Memorial Day weekend.
- Vacation! This year, I'm heading out for a week in San Francisco with my sister . . . and we're leaving right at the end of May. Can't wait!
How about YOU? What are you looking forward to in May?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.