The weather is a total crap shoot. Could be winter-like; could be summer-like. It is an ugly time of year (in Michigan, anyway). Dirty snow piles; pot holes; rusted-off mufflers on the side of the road; dead everything. Too much basketball.
And yet . . .
I'm always delighted when it's March!
How come . . . you ask? Well, here are 10 Reasons I'm Happy It's March:
- The very word . . . MARCH . . . is full of movement. Forward movement!
- More daylight. I just feel so much more productive when there is more light in my day.
- Melting. All around, the snow piles are melting. (And even if when it snows again, it won't stick around for long.)
- Earthy smells. When the snow starts to melt, the air smells so good.
- Emerging things. Daffodils. Crocus. Hellebores. (Can't wait!)
- Walking on dry pavement. (The ice layer is beginning to recede.)
- Bird joy! It's everywhere, suddenly.
- Gardening conferences and workshops. There are so many to choose from in March!
- Spring cleaning. I actually like sifting through and sorting out the heavy "detritus" of winter . . . to make room for a fresh, new season.
- My birthday! Some things never change -- and I've always looked forward to my birthday. . . waaaay out there. . . at the very end of March.
How about you? Why are YOU happy it's March?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.