Ah. Childhood. The days that lasted forever. Simple pleasures. No worries. Just . . . growing and playing!
Today, Carole asks us What We Miss From Our Childhood. Here's what I miss:
1. Recess. Three times a day!
2. Weekly library time. And checking out books will the little cards tucked in front.
3. Saturday morning cartoons. Bonus points for those times my Mom let us eat our cereal in front of the TV!
4. Building tents with blankets. We used to make awesome blanket tents over the clothesline in the backyard. I loved having a secret hideaway. . . for Just Us Kids.
5. Trick-or-treating. I loved having my own stash of candy. I used to try to stretch it til Thanksgiving, at least.
6. Ballet class. Loved my toe shoes best of all!
7. Staying up late on Friday nights with my Mom. We watched old movies while my Dad had model railroading nights (and my sister always conked out by 9:00).
8. Jacks, hopscotch, and Double-Dutch. My all-time favorite outdoor pastimes.
9. Running for "Mr. Frosty." I got rather frantic at the thought of a Bomb-Pop from the ice cream truck!
10. Faith in the Cubs. Yeah. Right.
How about YOU? What do you miss from your childhood?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.