I while back, I posted about this yummy Chai mix. . .
Once I became totally and completely addicted, it disappeared!
Then, I discovered this . . .
at my local grocery store. It's pretty great -- a liquid concentrate (in a recloseable box) that you mix with milk and heat. (Or not.) It's very tasty. And easy. But what I really liked about the other Chai mix was the "portability" factor. I could keep some in my desk at work, and just mix in boiling water for a cup of chai latte whenever the mood struck.
A quick internet search yielded a simple recipe for powdered chai mix -- so I decided to give it a try. Maybe you'd be interested?
First, gather your ingredients:
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
- 1 cup French vanilla flavored powdered non-dairy creamer
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened instant tea
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger*
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamon
Next, mix everything together in a big bowl.
Now, blend one cup of the mixture (at a time) in a food processor. . .
until the mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
(This doesn't take long.)
Then, store in an air-tight container.
To serve, stir 2 heaping tablespoons of the Chai mix. . .
into a mug of hot water . . . and enjoy!
* I added extra ginger . . . in an attempt to get that fresh-from-the-temple flavor Tom loved when he drank Chai during a visit to the ISKCON Temple on Juhu Beach in Mumbai.