While I'm not much of a sock knitter, I must admit to being totally charmed by knitting mittens. I love having baskets of handknit mittens to choose from on a chilly morning, and I especially love knitting them up for people I love.
In fact, I just finished the first mitten of a pair (a holiday gift, but safe to show here as the recipient does not read my blog).
And Erin picked out this yarn for a pair of fingerless mittens while she was visiting last week.
This week, Carole has me treading dangerous waters . . . as we talk about Ten Mittens We Want to Knit. After I finish the second Foliage Mitt and whip up a pair of Ragtops for Erin, here are my ten:
- Reykjavik -- Tom got this kit for me last Christmas. I think it's time to cast on!
- Jacoby -- Free! Manly! (I know a couple of guys who are getting a pair of these mitts for Christmas.)
- Ardour -- I am a total sucker for charming little hearts.
- Gloaming -- These mittens look warm and cozy right through the computer screen.
- Fractured Light -- So pretty. And free on Knitty.
- Perianth -- I am also a total sucker for flowers.
- Brickletown Mitts -- And cables. (Hurry! This pattern is on sale through Friday!)
- Die Gänsemagd - Handstulpen -- Adorable! And free.
- Sprial Staircase Mitts -- So clever!
- Dala Selbu Hyrid -- What happens when you cross Norwegian style . . . with Swedish design!
How about YOU? What mittens would you like to knit?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.