because when I think of "weekend," the Soundtrack in my Head turns to LoverBoy. . .
This week, Carole has us thinking of Ten Things We Love To Do on the Weekend. I'm sort of torn on this topic, actually. Because I really love to do fun and exciting things on the weekend. But then. . . I also appreciate simple, efficient weekends full of The Stuff of Everyday.
When it comes right down to it, though, What I Love To Do on the Weekend. . .
Start from the Start. . .
- Wake up early enough . . . but not TOO early . . . to feel like my day isn't wasted.
- Enjoy a leisurely cup of coffee . . . or two . . . (or maybe even three!).
- Make it to the gym for that 9:00 am spinning class.
- Run a few errands.
- Get out in the garden.
- Relax with a book. . . or my knitting . . . or maybe with the phone . . . to call my sister or my daughter or my mom.
- Catch up with some of those nagging chores: menu planning, grocery shopping, laundry.
- Take a long walk with Jenny.
- Enjoy a pleasant evening with Tom . . . a glass of wine, a good meal, and maybe some friends.
- And . . . relish the thought that there are TWO such days in a weekend!
How about YOU? What do you love to do on the weekend?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.