Some music to set the mood. . .
I think my favorite vacations involve a trip to the beach. From the humble beach at my little lakefront cottage . . . to the gorgeous beaches of Maui . . . I just love spending time at the water's edge. It's calm, and peaceful, and restorative.
And, lucky for me, I live in Michigan. . . where we have beautiful beaches all around us!
Sand. Surf. Sunshine.
Beautiful views. Perfect sunsets. But no salt water!
When my niece was visiting earlier in August, Brian and I took her to South Haven for an afternoon on the shores of Lake Michigan (where all of these photos where taken). We had a fabulous time.
This week, Carole has us thinking about Ten Things To Do At The Beach. Here's what I like to do. . .
- Just kick back and relax.
- Listen to the sounds of the water and the seagulls.
- Walk the beach in the surf.
- Play in the water and the waves.
- Work on my tan.
- Read a little.
- Maybe take a nap.
- Engage in some serious people-watching.
- Find inspiration with my camera.
- But, mostly, just a whole lot of . . . nothing!
Wouldn't it be nice? Oh, yeah!
How about YOU? What do you like to do at the beach?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.