I love visiting the Farmer's Market here in Kalamazoo!
On Saturdays, Tom and I like go to an early spinning class at the gym . . . and then head over to the Farmer's Market on our way home.
This week, Carole has us thinking about Ten Great Things About the Farmer's Market:
- Fresh, local, in-season fruits and vegetables (That's really what it's all about!)
- Supporting local farmers ('Nuff said!)
- Fresh-baked pies and breads (Tom can never resist the baked goods.)
- Lovely cut flowers (I especially love to pick up bunches of gladiolas!)
- Home-baked dog treats (Jenny doesn't come with us to the market, but she is a Very Happy Dog when we come home.)
- Running into friends (Although it's always too crowded for more than a quick "hello.")
- Atmosphere (It's just such a pleasant way to spend a bit of time on a relaxed Saturday morning.)
- Inspired cooking and baking (Sometimes I shop with a specific list, sometimes I just let the veggies call to me!)
- Sense of community (There's more of a sense of . . . being with others and feeling part of a whole . . . at the Market; so different from the grocery store.)
- Sample trays (I love the booths that let you sample their berries and peaches and tomatoes as you shop. Mmmmmm!)
How about YOU? Are you a Farmer's Market shopper? What do you especially enjoy?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.