Last week, I posted about my knitting in 2011. I mentioned that I wasn't as prolific as I have been in past years. Maybe. Just maybe. . . that's because I spent a good deal of my time Not Knitting.
I got my sewing machine out again. I did a major crochet project. I started journaling. I even started . . . some other (Not Blogged) art projects.
I liked Not Knitting. Not enough to give up knitting (never), but I enjoyed the diversion. My five favorite Not Knitting projects during 2011:
1. My Project Spectrum "True Colors" crocheted blanket. . .
2. The lunch bag I sewed for Erin. . .
3. The apron I sewed (also for Erin) -- it's reversible!
4. The owl potholders I made (again. . . for Erin). . .
5. Roll-up shopping bags I made as a Christmas gift (for Erin!). . .
I never did blog about these bags. Because life got a little hectic there around the holidays, and I finished these up while my mom was in the hospital. They're pretty cool, though.
Simple, quick, neat. I followed this tutorial. As a bonus, the bags roll up so you can keep them handy with you when you're out and about.
Looks like Erin was the primary beneficiary of my Not Knitting in 2011. (She's not getting the blanket, though!!!)