I am usually in awe of the bounty around me. I have so much to be thankful for. And while this is the case every day, I certainly think about it with more intention in November, the season of Thanksgiving.
This week, in celebration of Thanksgiving, here are Ten Things I'm Thankful For:
- A Firm Foundation -- My Mom and Dad raised my sister and I in a home filled with love, support, and encouragement. This has served me well all my life, and I am so thankful.
- Finding the Love of My Life -- Tom and I have been married for thirty years. Sharing the sentiment of Jerry Maguire, we "complete" each other. I thank my lucky stars every day.
- Watching them Grow -- I loved my kids - fiercely - from the beginning, but I had no idea how wonderful it would be to watch them . . . unfold. . . into the adults they are becoming. What a pleasure to see them become such warm, engaging, intelligent, and risk-taking (both of them!) adults. What gifts!
- Continuing the Story -- My sister and I were buddies as we grew up (well, most of the time; we did have our moments). I love being able to stay close as we grow older - and from a distance, folding each other's husbands and children into our lives. We have such fun, and I am so grateful for her continuing support and love.
- Wanna Play? -- I enjoy the company of my friends, and appreciate the extra dimension they add to my life. I am grateful for my real-life friends and my virtual friends. You are all wonderful.
- Tail-Wagging -- Oh, Jenny! What would I do without her company? I am so thankful for my trusty companion. She makes every day a happy day.
- Living Well -- I am healthy. I am fit. I am cancer-free. (I have hair.) I will never take my health for granted, and I am grateful for every moment.
- Finding my Passions -- Through the years, I have nurtured activities that stimulate my creativity and fuel my soul. Reading. Knitting. Gardening. Travel. Yoga. Cooking. These activities bring balance to my life and joy to my days, and I am so thankful.
- Four Seasons -- Although I do my share of complaining about the weather, I really am grateful to live in a place where the seasons parade past my window. I enjoy elements of each season. (I really do.) And I'm happy to be planted right here. . . just where I am.
- Having Enough -- Basically, I'm thankful that I have enough. . . of what I need. . . to do the things I want to do.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here!