Last night, I was at a meeting and someone stood up to give an announcement. She was promoting a local fundraising event - The Great Pumpkin Soiree - which will feature pumpkin treats from a variety of local restaurants and bakeries. With voting. All for a good cause.
My first thought? Yummmmmmm! (Although I won't be able to attend.) Because I can think of nothing better than an event full of pumpkin treats! In fact, I have never found a pumpkin-flavored ANYthing I didn't like.
This week's Ten on Tuesday topic - Ten Ways to Eat Pumpkin - suits me just fine!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte - I am a total fool for a pumpkin spice latte! I always order it "skinny" -- but WITH whipped cream.
- Pumpkin Pie - Oh, I love the custard-y goodness! It wouldn't be Thanksgiving without my Mom's pie.
- Pumpkin Bread - With pecans sprinkled on the top, please.
- Toasted Pumpkin Seeds - Simple, with a little butter and salt. I used to make these every year while the kids were out trick-or-treating with Tom.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars - I found this recipe in my local newspaper nearly 20 years ago, and I've been making them every year since. They are a vital part of our family Thanksgiving tradition now.
- Pumpkin Cake - I found this recipe when Carole pinned it on Pinterest. I've been drooling ever since.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake - Last Saturday, Tom and I went out for dinner at our favorite Kalamazoo restaurant and I had pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. It was divine. Perfect. Pumpkin-y and cheese-y without too much sweetness. I'm still thinking about it!
- Pumpkin Soup - Especially with a little . . . zing . . . of hot spice-y goodness.
- Pumpkin Doughnuts - Oh, yeah. (But I try to resist. . .)
- Pumpkin Stuffed With Everything Good - Last year, around Thanksgiving, I caught an interview on NPR with French cooking expert Dorie Greenspan. She was promoting her then-new cookbook, Around My French Table, and she went into great detail about a recipe called Pumpkin Stuffed With Everything Good. I nearly drove off the road, it sounded so wonderful! Her cookbook immediately went on my Christmas list! I haven't made the recipe yet, but I'm going to try it soon. Really soon!
Okay. Now I'm craving pumpking ANYthing!
Join in the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.