This week, Carole has us thinking about the upcoming holiday for Ten on Tuesday . . . with our Ten Favorite Things About the Fourth of July.
My own backyard.
We always head Up North to our cottage for the Fourth. No parades or big parties for us. Just quiet time on the lake and in the woods. (Although there is a nice, local fireworks display we can see right from our lake.)
The flag at Pearl Harbor.
My Ten Favorite Things About the Fourth of July:
- A long weekend - sometimes stretching into a long week
- Flying the flag
- Fireworks and Sparklers
- Sitting around the campfire with a glass of wine
- Warm, sunny, lazy summer days
- Time on the water -- kayaking, fishing, boating
- Hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill
- Ice cream
- Joining our lake neighbors in a private fireworks show on the shore
The flag at my friend, Sandie's, house.
What's your favorite thing about the Fourth of July?
The flag at one of my weekend garden tour stops.