As every Nerd Household knows (and, trust me, I have a Nerd Household). . . yesterday was Pi Day. 3.14 (you know the rest).
Brian celebrated with a chemistry exam. I think I'd rather celebrate with PiE!
This week, Ten on Tuesday has us examining our Ten Favorite Pies. Mouth-watering, isn't it? My favorites:
- Cherry Pie (especially with Northern Michigan Monmorency Tart Cherries; oh my - it really doesn't get much better than that!)
- Apple Pie (espcially with Michigan Spy Apples; YUM)
- Pumpkin Pie (my Mom's!)
- Pecan Pie (Tom's!)
- Pecan Pie with Chocolate Chips (also Tom's!)
- Key Lime Pie (no one else in my family likes it, but I love it -- so I usually have it only at restaurants)
- Combination-Berry Pies (like. . . Cherry/Blackberry/Blueberry)
- Blueberry Pie
- Pizza Pie (it's a pie!)
- Quiche Lorraine (this one counts, doesn't it?)
(And someday. . . I'll tell you a pie story that is etched deeply in Family Lore: Tom and the Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Incident.)
Mmmmmmm. I want pie.