Oh, boy! This week's topic is oh. so. relevant! Today, Carole has us talking about our Ten Favorite Cocktails. Let's just say this: I need one. We had a big ice storm on Sunday night. Followed by a big snow storm. Power is out everywhere. Internet connection is spotty. People are scrambling folks. It's time for a drink!
Even though I prefer a glass of wine to a cocktail, I (ahem) do enjoy a good cocktail now and again.
Here goes. My Ten Favorite Cocktails:
- Dirty Martini (with at least 3 olives!)
- Whiskey (neat)
- Margarita (on the rocks; with salt)
- Cosmopolitan (pretty AND tasty)
- Mimosa (so nice with brunch)
- Gin & Tonic (only in the summer, though)
- Bloody Mary (two stalks of celery; with leaves)
- Pina Colada (only on vacation; poolside or beachside)
- Bailey's Irish Cream (technically, not a cocktail, but . . . yum)
- Whiskey Sour (but, really, not for years)