It's Saturday again.
This week, since FOOD is on my mind (big-time), I'll share five food-related Things About Me.
11. I hate oatmeal. I have always hated oatmeal. My mom knew I hated oatmeal. But once, when I was about 8 or 9, the advertisements on TV for NEW, INSTANT, FLAVORED Quaker's oatmeal convinced me that maybe NOW I would like oatmeal. I begged my mom. I pleaded with my mom. She told me. . . you HATE oatmeal. I said No-No-No, not this new, instant, flavored oatmeal; it's different! She reiterated that. . . you HATE oatmeal. Finally, though, she caved. With the caveat that I would HAVE TO EAT IT. Guess what? I HATED it! The new, instant, flavored oatmeal was even more hideous than the old, old-fashioned, regular-flavored oatmeal. My mom, though, stuck to her guns (she was like that!). She made me eat it. When I finally whined my way out of it at breakfast (I'm sure I had shattered every nerve in her body), she assured me I'd have it for lunch. And. . . I did. It became a standoff. I sat at the table -- with that gross, new, instant, flavored oatmeal in front of me -- for about 3 or 4 hours. She would not let me leave the table. I would not eat the oatmeal. Finally, in a fit of parenting brilliance, she pretended not to notice while I poured it down the sink. I have not eaten oatmeal since.
12. I love appetizers. Love. Them. I adore tapas restaurants!
13. I love chewy chocolate chip cookies Tom loves crispy chocolate chip cookies. I bake more than he does, so I tend to win that battle!
14. I love olives! I have always loved olives. As a child, one of my cousins and I used to get in trouble at family meal gatherings because we would eat ALL of the olives from the pickle trays before anyone else had a crack at them. As an adult, no one else in my family likes olives. That doesn't stop me -- I cook with olives all the time. More For Me! That 's my mottos!
15. I am not a vegetarian, but I don't eat much red meat. Just don't like it all that much.
Have a great weekend!