Brian took me to the mall the other day for some new jeans -- for him, not me. At The Gap, this little wrap-py/sweater caught my eye -- for me, not him.
Once I touched it, I had to have it! It has 10% cashmere, which makes the other 90% (cotton) not matter anymore. (I don't like cotton in the colder months -- but when there's cashmere in the mix. . . well, that's another story!)
Really, it's just a plain, rectangular wrap. . . with sleeves. And pockets. And a little shaping at the back neckline.
I keep telling myself. . . I could MAKE this.
I know there's a pattern out there for a similar style wrap-py/sweater -- designed by Laura Chau. (Here's the Ravelry link.) But Laura's wrap never really appealed to me. It's a lot longer, and knit with a heavier gauge yarn. But it has gotten me thinking. As my family would say. . . I have "numbers in my head." Which can be dangerous. Because Thinking It Through is usually the first step in Making Something.
I'm pretty sure I could figure out how to make this little wrap-py/sweater. But, now that I own it, I don't really need to.
I mean. . .
how many of these would you need?????