Today, I'm sharing "Day Two" of my "31 Things" project. As you can see, I've decided to forego the scrapbooking element . . . replacing it with a song from the Soundtrack of My Life instead. At some point, I plan to post all 31 entries as a separate "pages" feature to this blog. For the time being, I'll just share a post now and again.
DAY TWO: MORNING
Soundrack: I Say a Little Prayer (Aretha Franklin)
My morning routine. . . is very routine. While the time I wake up – and the intensity of the getting-up-and-out activity level – varies depending on what my day holds, it is, essentially, the same routine each day. (I can get completely ready to leave the house in less than a half hour if I need to, but I usually stretch things out for longer than that.)
(The view from my bed when I first wake up. We live high on a hill, so I never bother with the blinds. I like to wake up to the sunshine.)
What do I do. . . every morning?
- I wake with my alarm (which sounds much like the warning system at a nuclear facility, I’m afraid. . . it’s the only thing that works to get me going!); I don't mind the being up . . . but I have a hard time with the getting up.
- After a “snooze bar” (or two), I get up an immediately brush my teeth (because I really hate the way my mouth tastes when I wake up).
- I let Jenny out and feed her (unless Tom is up before me, and then he takes care of that one).
- Coffee! Two cups. . . with a dollop of cream.
- Then I hit the shower,
- dry my hair; do my make-up, and get dressed.
- I make my bed every day, without fail. I really hate having an unmade bed.
- Eat breakfast . . . same old cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds) every single day. . . with a handful of dried cherries and a sliced banana. (I share the banana with Jenny.)
And then. . . I’m off! For whatever the day brings!