But, at the end of the trip, I am always happy to get back home! What do I miss about my house when I'm away? Well. . .
- Tom (if he's not traveling with me).
- My dogs (if they're not traveling with me.)
- The taste of my water.
- The water pressure of my shower.
- My garden.
- A sense of permanence and routine.
- My iMac (because once you get used to a 27" screen, there's no going back).
- And reliable wifi.
- My gym (even though it's not "home," it's "home". . . y'know?).
- A place for everything. (Well. Allegedly.)
AND NOW . . . The DOUBLE part!
Because Tom wanted to play along, too. As you have read here, Tom travels to India quite often for his work. When he goes to India, he is always, always, always especially happy to return home. (Not that there's anything wrong with India; just that it makes him appreciate the comforts of home in a whole, new way.) Here's what he misses about home when he's away . . . in India . . .
- The dogs.
- Drinking water out of the tap.
- Good beer.
- Being able to brush his teeth with tap water. (Instead of Listerine.)
- Fresh fruit.
- Clean air.
- Sane driving.
- Not standing out.
- Relentless beggars who touch him.
How about YOU? What do YOU miss about your own house when you're away?
Join the fun! Sign up here for Ten on Tuesday.