My. That was fast!
This week, Carole has us thinking about Ten Things We Love About September:
- Gotta love a month that begins with a 3-day weekend!
- The weather is generally wonderful -- still warm and summery, but with an edge.
- And the nights are cooler, and comfortable for sleeping.
- It's a great time to garden! This is the best time of year for dividing perennials, thinning things out, and moving plants around. (Planting perennials now gives them plenty of time to establish a great root system for spring.)
- Also. . . all the nurseries are having everything-must-go clearance sales on their remaining plant stock. This is the best time of year to shop the nurseries! (And not only for plants. You can also get great bargains on "hardscape" -- benches, sculpture, furniture, etc.)
- A return to the Empty Nest. I love my kids. But I love my life when they're tucked away on campus . . . or busy with grown-up life.
- I even love it when other people's kids are back in school. . . and the gym locker room and the library and even the grocery store are, well, kid-free!
- The bounty of the season explodes in September! So many fresh vegetables and fruits and herbs are available in September.
- September always heralds a return to routine - getting back to my "regular" schedule. I'm usually ready at this point in the season.
- September = Fresh Start for me. I guess I'm deeply aligned with the academic calendar, but September seems like a beginning point for me, much more than January. (And you're going to hear more about that in the weeks to come!)
How about YOU? What do you love about September?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.