When I got my email from Carole yesterday, with the Ten on Tuesday topic for this week . . Ten Things That Make You Happy. . .
I thought . . . Easy Peasy. I thought about my family, and my dog, and my health. I thought about feeling balanced, about meaningful work, and the importance of fun, challenging hobbies. I thought about maintaining a comfortable home, and reaching for something new; about having enough . . . and sharing some, too.
And all those things that make me happy.
I even had my post all ready to go.
But then. . .
I started thinking about the funny, little things in life that bring me delight. And THAT's the list you get today. Here are Ten (Funny, Little) Things That Make Me Happy:
- Birds in my birdbath, frogs in my pond, and squirrels in my trees.
- Sitting on my shady patio, enjoying a cool breeze and a popsicle on a hot afternoon.
- A great song coming up on my iPod.
- Knitting that works out . . . after you've discovered disaster and ripped back to Deal With It.
- Half-price wine night at the Oakwood Bistro.
- Coming out into the hot, steamy air after being thoroughly chilled by the air conditioning.
- Holding hands . . . even though we're old. . . and have been married for (almost) 31 years.
- Eating outside.
- Fireflies. Butterflies. Dragonflies.
- The hum of cicadas in the heat of the summer.
How about YOU? What (funny, little) things make YOU happy?
Join the fun! Sign up for Ten on Tuesday here.
We're headed Up North for the rest of the week. But, never fear! The Scandinavian/Russian Travelogue continues! Stay tuned tomorrow for the first installment of Adventures in St. Petersburg -- and continue to check out the blog this week in my absence. As long as the technology holds, there will be travel posts!