I'm a firm believer in . . . Doing Good. You know. Making the world a better place. Smiling at people. Making eye contact. Really listening. Volunteering to help. Donating money. Lending a hand. Spreading sunshine!
This week, Carole has us thinking about the Good Deeds we did this week. Here are a few of mine:
- When I was putting gas in my car last week, the guy next to me was having some serious problems with his debit card. And he was stuck. Really stuck. And it was 103°. I gave him some money for gas -- and a cold drink -- so he could be on his way.
- My friend Sandie's garden was part of a Garden Tour last week. I helped her with last-minute weeding and deadheading before the tour. She told me I was like a little bee . . . flitting from plant to plant and working magic with my little pruning scissors.
- I packed Tom's suitcase for his trip to India last weekend. He's perfectly capable of packing his own suitcase, but I like to help him get ready for his trip. It keeps him calm, and I can make sure that his shirts are folded and packed with love.
- I complimented a woman's new hairstyle at the gym. She beamed. I don't know her, but it didn't matter. It's always wonderful to hear something flatters!
- I provided a listening ear for my sister. Sometimes people just need to be heard, y'know?
- I volunteered to work a Saturday shift at the yarn shop next month. I don't mind a Saturday once in a while during the winter months, but it's a big sacrifice for me during the summer.
- I remembered to ask a proud new Grandma if she had any photos of her new grandson. (She did.)
- I pick up Jenny's . . . leavings. . . on our walks. (Always do. . .)
- I repaired a split seam on Tom's very favorite (and very oldest) pair of shorts. (Now they should be good for ANOTHER 15 years.)
- I recycled . . . and composted . . . and took a load of stuff to Goodwill.
How about YOU? Did you spread some sunshine this week?